Child-related product recalls and safety news from CPSC
Updated: 27 min 52 sec ago
The Lea Covington or Hannah Collection bunk beds with bookcases can be assembled incorrectly, resulting in a gap larger than allowed by industry safety standards. This poses an entrapment hazard to young children.
The adaptors connecting the car seat to the stroller can crack and break and the infant can fall.
Wed, 28 May 2014 10:00:00
The pajamas fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear.
The base of the three animal figures can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Decorative beads can detach.
A metal part on the leggings' belt can detach.
The magnet in the wand can detach and the plywood backing can crack and release small metal balls that are sandwiched between the board and a clear plastic cover.
The coats have a drawstring tie sewn into the side seam at the waist that could become snagged or caught in small spaces or vehicle doors, posing significant entanglement hazard to children.
The battery in the handheld video monitor can overheat and rupture, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
The pajamas fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injury to children.
The circuit board in the chest of the doll can overheat, causing the surface of the doll to get hot, posing a burn hazard to the consumer.
An infant or young child can get entangled at the neck in the canopy?s fabric, posing a strangulation hazard.
A protruding corner post on the bunk beds exceeds the 5mm allowed by industry standard, posing an entrapment hazard.
The paint on the wooden flipping acrobat toys contains excessive levels of lead, which is prohibited under federal law.
The stuffed animals' eyes can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The pom-pom tail can detach from the body of the bear rattle and the bunny, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The small magnets can easily detach from the product. If swallowed, magnets can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
Small pieces of cork can break off the blocks, posing a choking hazard to young children.